Monday, October 3, 2011

[Product Review] Clear Improvement Mask by Origins

I am back again, after a day. Fuh, improvement I must say. Hope the blogging mojo stays for awhile with me.

Last month was beauty product month for me as I was on the lookout for different skincare products. Since I started my working life, it has clearly taken a toll on my skin. There was the stress and there was also the make up.

Months back, I started having break outs and spots and I thought it was only normal. The pimples were one after another and the boyfriend said it was cause of the bacteria from my hands and fingers as I was always fiddling with it.

Well, I took that into consideration and blamed it on my unhygienic habits. After months and months and months of living with bad skin, I sort of concluded, breakouts happen for a couple of reasons. They're not necessarily due to excessive sebum and oily skin, which most of us usually assumes.

1. Breakouts happen to people with oily skin due to the excessive sebum.

2. It happens because our skin is dehydrated and isn't properly moisturized. When we breakout, we often presume it's the cause of excessive sebum, we wash our face more often and make sure it's oil-free at all times. We may be terribly wrong. Dehydrated skin may cause acne and dullness to the skin! Invest in a good moisturizer and keep your skin hydrated at all times! :D

3. Yes, the boyfriend may be right. Fiddling your face area may transfer bacteria from our fingers and hands to our faces. Be mindful also when you have a habit of only sleeping on one side of your face, yikes!!

4. Breakouts may also be because of wrong skincare products used! This is a really tricky part. There's no one ideal product which fits everyone's skin! And the worst thing, beauty products do not come cheap, no no. Remember to get samples from the beauty consultant and read up on the product online as much as you can before you settle in for one. Be really careful if you are sensitive towards products which has alcohol contents if you have sensitive skin.

5. Make up not removed entirely after a long day. It may clog your pores and cause mini volcanoes (pimples!!). Always always ensure proper removal of make up after a long day.

6. Imbalance hormones. Yes, the men annnnd the women both hate this.

The question is, how do I also ensure my skin is crystal clear? In all honesty, even my skin isn't crystal clear. I have spots, scars, acne and all Asian women nightmare, the oily T-zone. We'd talk about maintaining healthy skin in another post as I have a review for you guys today.

One of my favourite step in my facial routine would be the mask. I usually have three types of mask: hydrating mask, deep cleansing mask and sheet mask. Today I will be doing a review on a deep cleansing mask.

Clear Improvement by Origins - Active Charcoal Mask to clear pores
Price : RM 100 for 100 ml

Got this off the rack two weeks ago. I have been contemplating to get the Aesop Primrose Deep Cleansing masque; but spending RM145 for a face mask is pretty hefty, sides I do not really know how the results would be.

I was torn between the Clear Improvement mask, the Out of Trouble mask (by Origins as well) and the Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing mask by Kiehl's. Hours were spent on reading on these three masks and in the end, it was the Clear Improvement or Out of Trouble. I spoke to the Beauty Consultant at the Origins counter, and she said my skin isn't producing excessive oil which cause the breakouts; thus, I really do not need such a strong mask like the Out of Trouble one. She advised me to go ahead with the Clear Improvement as I wear make up, I'd need to have a mask to life impurities from my pores from time to time.

I use the Clear Improvement mask twice a week at most, fearing it'd dry my skin out too much.

Its texture is very clay like. It dries on after approximately 15 minutes or so. The very first time you put it on, it stings for a bit. But it didn't sting anymore after the first time, maybe my skin has gotten used to the mask.

After two weeks, my blackheads are no longer that visible anymore. The breaking out problem is being controlled at the moment. My face feels strangely clean and soft the day after. This has to be accompanied with moisturizer after washing off though, for properly hydrated skin.

I rate this 7/10 for a deep cleansing mask.

Will be back soon for another post on maintaining healthy skin! :D Toodles!

No comments: