Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Last @ Kampachi

 I promised to blog, but clearly, it was a failure. I am a failure! Haha. I find too many reasons not to update. But the whole idea of updating is so one day, I'd be able to look back and see how I was when I was way younger.

These are pictures from March. THAT old pictures. Gotten the news that the authorities were going to abolish Equatorial Hotel. My childhood memories were literally all made there. I love love LOVE Kampachi. And nope, it just isn't the same as the one in Pavilion. The taste and the ambience and the people. Before they closed the place, I took a last trip there with my family in conjunction with my sister's birthday.

I made sure I called all my favourites on the menu.

Sashimi was fresh as usual.

  
One of my utmost favourites! Beef teppanyaki, medium rare. It was made perfectly. And don't forget the crispy garlic slices!

 My mum's favourite. The Sanma Shioyaki. One of items in my must-order list!

I love tofu, so the Agedeshi Tofu is on my list too! Even when I visit other Japanese restaurants, the Agedeshi Tofu will always be on my order list. :) woots!

 The Ebi Tempura is a rather simple dish but my sisters have this ordered since she was young and there's just so much memories with this dish.

This time around, I brought my man. It was his first and last time at Equatorial's Kampachi and he, like me, loves the Beef Teppanyaki! 

My last time to Equatorial Hotel was filled with emotions. Found myself taking pictures with almost everything there, the vase, the couch, the spiral staircase. Hope the building will be up in no time! I literally grew up there.

Now that tomorrow is a working day, I shall snuggle in bed and dream away! :)

No comments: