Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am in a disgusted mood. Can you tell?

The trouble with people is, they make too many assumptions, with not enough facts supporting. If you realize one thing about me is, I ask a lot, and I like repeating my questions. Like for example, a 'do you still love me' question. A person may love me today, but it is no promise that he will love me tomorrow. True?

Overconfident people or people who lives in denial tend to assume too much, that they start believing in things that are not true, at all.

Which can be a very bad scenario.

Let me show you why.

For example, if you are a group leader, and once people elected you to be the leader. You start giving instruction on what to be done and the what nots. You list down things which you think your group members ought to do. Then you made a mistake somewhere down the road. Group members lost their respect for you, but thinking you're still at the same status, you continue bossing around. That is just going to annoy your group members.

First they lost respect for you. Now they think you are annoying. Soon enough, they are going to hate you.

So if you're at the annoying point, have you thought of stop being annoying?

Stop making an assumption. If you somehow think you're good enough, then it's just so sad to tell you, maybe you just aren't.

4 comments:

WenY said...

Whyy soo seriousss!? Sounds so scarry!! :S Hey I heard from yobi u are in metropolitan? U plan to go curtin anytime soon? hoho can see eman and yobi there lol.tarc

little annie said...

my boyfriend is there.
i am in metropolitan, but i am with RMIT la beehive!
haha, so there's no likelihood for me to go to cutin.

The Empty Cup said...

Haha, couldn't agree more that ppl always do over-assume. And yes, i do hate ppl who assumes to much.
Yet, we can't help it because most of the things we believe were built on assumptions itself.

But dun agree with ur example. If u suggest someone as a leader, u must believe in that person lar. Ppl will make mistake, but if he/she dun change then you should correct him/her instead complaining why he/she is still bossing around, right?

Arthur

WenY said...

noooooooo i thought will berjumpa u, yobi,eman and fatt in WA lol. Nvm, i go melbourne in winter weeee!!~ lol. Still can see you perhaps? hoho