Thursday, November 27, 2008

Friends whom I rather not call friends.

I am 20 and have come a long way into realizing so many things. Though I feel as if I have a long more way to learn and experience, this post is about what I've learnt so far. This is a subjective post, you can wish to comment or not to comment.

I must agree, when I was young, I may have been naive and weak. But given so many years, I have been given the opportunity to observe, learn and realize many things only time can teach me.

Have you been in high school and felt as if friends and the 'group' is the only thing that matters? That you'd do anything to fit in or to be someone else just to fit in? Have you been blindly following someone whom you thought was pretty/handsome or smart/cool just to be friends, or actually, to be recognized? The ultimate question is, have you grown up?

Sad to say, I used to be a person who felt as if the 'group' is the only thing that matters. And boy must I say, I have been wrong. Things will grow, things will change and new things come, sometimes, better things crosses our pathway.

There are a few type of 'friends' whom I sometimes prefer not to call them friends. Sorry, this is a very very girlie post. This may not refer to you, but in some ways, you will see the connection.

The Hypocrite The hypocrite friend is a friend whom promises all the shit in the world and thank you for all the shit you've done, all the shit you've roughed it out for her/him, but all you get is well, nothing. Well usually, whenever I offer a helping hand, I never ever expect anything in return. But one type of hypocrite friend annoys me, is the one who tells you 'your choice of music sucks' and the next moment you hear her humming the tune in the car. Is this familiar enough? Or let me give another girlier example shall I? The hypocrite friend is the one who tells you 'I will not wear that dress lor/I will not wear that colour for prom lor' and moments after that, you spot her in a similar patterned dress. Haha, doesn't this make you laugh? Don't call me a meanie, but there are other things nicer to say like 'not my choice'. Have you had a friend like this? If you do, don't be intimidated!

The Jealous The jealous friend is always the worst possible friend you can ever have. She silently curses the shit out of you or watches your back, and does everything to get to you. Let's see how this work. The jealous friend goes after your ex-boyfriend and even knowing that you may still have feelings for him, she dates him. That is one jealous and slutty friend. Well, jealousy just portrays insecurity. Don't be afraid of friends like this. Firstly, this clearly shows you are better than her, she just wants to be like you. She wishes to have your clothes, shoes, family, friends, lover and your life. Show her the thumbs up sign, and remember, the original is always the better!

The LoA The lack of attention friend is ..well, a friend who yearns for attention. She tries to ouperform you in everything, but she puts in 300% of effort, you put in 30%, and God is on your side. She tailors she prom dress to be more attention seeking and she tries to befriend everyone. (Trust me, befriending everyone is not a very good thing) She tries to make every guy notice her and you are naturally, well the rose of the group. Only time can destroy these kind of friend because sooner or later, people will realize she's annoying and seeking attention. Then if she was the kind who went over the line by flirting, she'll be gone in no time.

The Dependent The dependent friend is a very very troublesome friend. Well, usually when we are younger, the dependent friend is not a problem (because grouping is all we do). But when we grow up, we have other itineries in hand and start having other friends (friends do grow and extand, you know), the dependent friend has got to learn on how to be independent. I can't give specific characteristics of a dependent friend. However, we can't really blame a dependent friend, maybe they're born that way. Just do not let her take advantage of you. Don't allow her to say 'eh i wanna go shopping and you should fetch me'. But instead she should be saying 'eh i wanna go shopping, i'll come pick you up'.

These are four types of friend I really don't mind not calling a friend.

Haha. Back to me. These are pictures from aeons ago. A dinner trip to Kuala Selangor.

I like paperbag skirts! Comfortable yet chic.

Anyway, curly or straight?

And please, BBQ is this Tuesday, please make it, because we just have two months to go! That sounds really sad, but it is the truth (no, I am not going to Melbourne, but some other people are). Do you think it will rain this coming Tuesday? It is raining really heavy outside right now.

Because I am getting the food for everyone, I need you guys to RSVP by Sunday okay? No ffk-ing!! Muacks!

2 comments:

little annie said...

okok i ask that mun wah. haha.

J弟 said...

haha, i passed all my subjects lol