Friday, June 5, 2009

My life is a coincidence.

a glance at the title of my post, you might think that my existance in this little planet is a coincidence. (i have to agree i am sure i am an accidental child, whom my parents didn't plan)

however not. reading a comment from kevin actually gives me an idea to actually write, why am i doing an economics & finance major.

sadly, if you think i would have planned this aeons ago, then you're so wrong. i am not sheng hwang, who actually knew what he wanted since years ago. and i am not arthur, who usually plans on the scholarships to take on. economics&finance wasn't even in my vocab many years ago. this is how i ended up here, almost done with my bachelors degree.

i am sure you would know why i was in pure science, not sub science nor arts.

when i finished my spm, i wanted to do chemical engineering. so i went into foundation in science at help, doing calculus (was shit, but ms chia was...sizzling, fantastic bum). then in the midst of my first semester in science, spm results were released and tensions were running on high i tell you. i expected to do well in chemistry but i nearly flunked it (when i say i flunk something, means i got a B). i was never a straight A student, how unfortunate. but fret not, haha, i was an all-rounder. but lazy! haha. a very crude truth, but i am not afraid to admit! i am humane.

i remember doing not so well in chemistry, and i was utterly disappointed in myself. my chemistry teacher, pn liew (my fav teacher hello, i still wish her happy teacher's day, i am an extremely grateful student, seriously) saw my results and said, science isn't my field and my language results were, very very very well off. and she said i should do arts, not science. i always had respect for what my teachers say, so i considered heavily on what she said.

the following semester, i opted to change from science to foundation in arts. proceeding to do my business subjects. but still economics wasn't my choice. because i always knew since young, i had a thing for writing. i scored a 47/50 on my essay and even suan keng was amazed, he took my essay home to read! haha. wtf. anyway, i write very emotional stories, so one day i shall write it here. my choice back then was to pursue journalism.

if you know, journalism is a rare thing in malaysia. and my sister was against it, saying job opportunities are rare. she suggested economics, and writing financial reports. haha. omg. how 'nice'. so i took on micro and macroeconomics just to see how much i like it. it's fun. common sense. not excited about it, but rather, just a thing i happen to do well in. it was a coincidence.

stocks, equities, futures, forwards, swaps, options, loans, bonds are not my first choices. =)) was never.

i graduated. and i didn't know why i chose metropolitan. it was like a...calling. it's like sleeping one day and waking up the next, already knowing i am heading there. it was a coincidence, but still i went for education fairs and what nots to reaffirm.

when i entered into metro, i was already a month behind schedule for rmit, so instead i picked on curtin hoping to be able to catch up on rmit later on. i was in curtin and in the midst of applying ptptn, i applied for other scholarships as well. star, namingly one, and honda. i actually applied for five scholarships. thank god, i was called for 4 interviews out of the five. i was extremely lucky, and until today, i can't thank god enough, seriously. i was just given the star scholarship form from my sister one day, out of the blues, it was a coincidence.

no one knew i had that many calls because once i got the rmit call, i called off all my other scholarship interviews, including sunway monash. too posh for me, i guess. it wasn't about how posh my uni is, but is where i fit most.

i wasn't very confident because imagine having to compete with people with 12 Hds. i only had 9 distinctions. but i always believed i had an extra something, which not all acing students have, my self-confidence and ability to talk. i was a smooth criminal during the interview.

but i wasn't very keen on the star scholarship. so if you know, star scholarship recipents have to maintain a minimal distinction point. i don't think i can do that. i was instead, offered by ellis (THIS IS WHY I LOVE ELLIS, SHE GAVE ME A SCHOLARSHIP), a metropolitan scholarship. minimal point to achieve : pass. MY LIFE IS UTTER COINCIDENCE.

but half way, they dropped my scholarship, claiming i didn't apply for it. so shikin (my life saviour, i swear jesus loves me), asked me to fill in forms and what nots. days and days of praying and hoping. finally, i got it. fuh. my life is a total coincidence, i swear.

I SWEAR JESUS LOVES ME AND HE SENT SO MANY SAMARITANS ALONG MY PATH. everyday, =)) i still thank god for what he gave me. seriously.

this is how i am here today, with a fairly good enough scholarship with not much requirements. but still allows me to study FOC, nice. doing the major i chose in the end.

hitherto i don't know how can my life be such a coincidence?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "My life is a coincidence." to our Directory of Science . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Scienz.info Team

http://www.scienz.info